2nd ANNUAL 'LIVES IN ME' DNA TEST COMPETITION
From the heart of Africa, to the streets of Boston beats a message. A new Message of hope, empowerment & family… A message of joy … filling the cultural darkness with spiritual light so we can finally discover who actually lives in us…
‘Wait…there's no mountain too great… hear these words and have faith…
He lives in you… He lives in Me’
“We are not Africans because we’re born in Africa, but because Africa is born in us”
- Kwame Nkrumah
Win a FREE African Ancestry DNA test kit to reveal your ethnic/tribal African identity and an opportunity to Travel to Africa!!! How do I get started? Its so easy, accept the #livesinmechallenge & sign up below!!! Participate and get ‘Liked’ in by your friends & family… the person with the most votes wins…
1. Sign up online at www.afrimericanone.org on or before February 14th, 2019.
(Must be 18 or older & live in Boston, MA or surrounding areas)
2. Complete your #livesinmechallenge Quest!!! We need you to have 5 cultural businesses from your community fill out our CULTURE BUSINE$$ FORM. Send form to firstname.lastname@example.org This form can be filled out with established businesses and organizations that serve our community. Preference will be given to a more diverse African diaspora collection of businesses. Our definition of African diaspora includes African American, African Immigrant, Afro-Latin, Afro-Caribbean and Friends of Africa (Other groups who support the African Diaspora). Please try and find organizations and businesses that come from all these groups. Thanks!!!
3. Post a picture of yourself on INSTAGRAM with the hashtag #livesinmechallenge at each business location of you sign up. THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
4. Follow the hashtag #livesinmechallenge on Instagram to ensure you do not sign up the same business after another contestant signs them up. No Repeat sign ups. One sign up per Business.
5. Get your friends to ‘LIKE’ your pics and follow @afrimericanone. We are going to have an online vote at the end of the competition April 15th, 2019….so the more of your friends follow @afrimericanone… the better chances you have to win!!!
6. Accept the #livesinmechallenge. Show exceptional personal ‘Lives in Me’ expression & passion by showing the world how Africa lives in you through art, writing, poems or any other form of expression and POST them on Instagram with the hashtag #livesinmechallenge. Send by Email a message saying why you NEED to win this prize.
7. Excel at Online / Offline Community engagement by building a following for your journey.
8 Afrimerican Culture Initiative promotes volunteerism . Get involved in the organization its initiatives and programs.
9. Learn about other cultures… you will find more in common than different.
10. Live , learn & grow!!!
February 14th, 2019 - End of 2nd annual ‘Lives in Me’ competition entry.
February 28th, 2019 - Start of official 2nd annual ‘Lives in Me’ Competition.
April 15th, 2019 - End of 2nd annual ‘Lives in Me’ competition.
End of April - Announcement of 2nd annual ‘Lives in Me’ competition winner.
Summer 2019 - Travel to Africa with ‘Hope For Africa’ for 2018 1st annual ‘Lives in Me’ winner.
August - African Festival of Boston 2019. - Kick off of 3rd Annual Lives in Me competition..
October - Museum of Fine Arts. Culture Reveal for 2nd Annual ‘Lives in Me’ winner.